On 10 August 2020, Father Luiz Augusto STEFANI, S.M.M, Superior General,
with the consent of his Council, has appointed
Father Gerd-Willi BERGERS, S.M.M
as Superior of the General Delegation of Germany for a mandate of three years.
The Councillors are:
Father Francis Xavier ANTONY, S.M.M Brother Johannes BOSSMANN, S.M.M
The mandate of the new administration will be effective on 1st September 2020.
Fr. Gerd-Willi BERGERS, SMM
Born in Neuerburg : 08.04.1944
First Profession : 08.09.1966
Perpetual vows : 08.09.1971
Ordination : 19.09.1971
His Curriculum vitae
- After his ordination, he has served in a parish in Trier Diocese for two years as an Assistant Parish Priest (1971-1972).
- 1972-1974 - he did his studies on catechism and Homilies in Munich.
- 1974-1977 - he has served as Rector in the Seminary in Rheit.
- 1977-1980 - he was appointed in Marienheide as Assistant Parish Priest.
- 1980-2012 - he has been elevated as the Parish Priest of Marienheide during which he had also additional responsibilities as Bursar and the Superior of the community.
- Then he wanted to give up the role of Parish Priest in Marienheide and continue his priestly ministry as an Assistant Parish Priest.
- Therefore, he was transfered to Bonn - Bad Goddesberg for two years from 2012-2014.
- Finally, he was requested to help in Düsseldorf in a Parish from 2014 until 2019.
- In 2019, he officially retired from his Pastoral activities.
- However, he is still rendering his service in the Parish of his residence as subsidiary in Cologne.
- Hence, he is only officially retired, but he is still continuing his pastoral services actively.
- In addition to that, he is ready to help the Indian confreres in Marienheide whenever they seek his help.
- 19.08.20 - appointed as the Superior of the German Delegation, SMM, for 3 years.