MARIENHEIDE, Germany – On April 28, the General Delegation of Germany and the Parish of Marienheide celebrated two anniversaries: the 350th anniversary of the birth of Saint Louis-Marie and the 60th anniversary of the Church dedicated to Montfort.
The day, which began with Lauds, culminated at 6:00 p.m. with the solemn celebration of the Eucharist of thanksgiving with the participation of Fr. Gerd-Willi BERGERS, SMM, Delegate Superior, the confreres and about 130 people. After which a convivial time with the people of the parish.
The Delegation has published a brochure with a short biography of Father de Montfort, information on the Church of Saint Louis-Marie de Montfort in Marienheide and a description of the Montfortian mission in Germany.
Here are some dates that mark the origin and history of this Church:
- 1954, November 17: foundation of the association for the construction of the church of Saint Louis-Marie de Montfort in Marienheide.
- 1956, December 2: architect B. ROTTERDAM receives the assignment to design the new church.
- 1961, August 3: ceremony for the start of work.
- 1962, July 1: laying of the first stone of the Church.
- 1963, December 15: Auxiliary Bishop of Cologne August FROTZ consecrates the Church.
- 2023, April 25: Written message by the Superior General for the celebrations of the 60th anniversary of the consecration of the Church.
- 2023, April 28: celebration of the anniversary of the Church associated with the 350th anniversary of the birth of Saint Louis-Marie.
A good quality video on Father de Montfort presented after Mass was greatly appreciated by the audience. In the wake of the new evangelization, there is also the publication in a parish magazine, of the writings of Father de Montfort with small updating comments.
Feedback from these initiatives is very encouraging. Everyone is happy to know more about Father de Montfort.
Fr. Marco PASINATO, SMM
Petrus Maria de Waard s.m.m.
02 May 2023
Mit Freude lese ich wie Marienheide dem Herrn dankt weil Er dieser Gemeinde diese schöne Kirche geschenkt hat. Ich war so glücklich als Kaplan dabei zu sein vor 60 Jahren. Mit den heutigen Seelsorgern und Gläubigen will ich den Herrn loben. Meine Glückwünsche! Niemals werde ich die schönen sechziger Jahre in Marienhede vergessen!
03 May 2023
It was a beautiful and dignified celebration. Thanks to the Fathers and the Parish Council for organizing the Jubilee.